Sunday, October 19, 2008

DNA: good or bad?

It took me a very long time to realize that the reasons my family drove me nuts, was because they were like me. I never wanted to admit that I could possibly be as mean and miserable as my mother, or as opinionated as my father, but I am. Don't get me wrong they're not the only traits I have. I inherited plenty of the good ones to, you know humor, love, all those ones. I noticed recently that as I get older, I find myself doing many of the same things I hated my parents for. I have come to the conclusion that for us not to continue the issues of those before us, we have to be steadfast in our knowledge of what the issues were. Like if both your parents are alcoholics you probably shouldn't drink. One of the other things I've noticed is that everyone elses family is just as crazy as yours. It is what gives us all common ground. So I will continue to plug along becoming myself instead of molding into my parents, thats the best any of us can do.

No comments: